History

1976

CBE is founded by Bruno Conci, who started his business in the caravanning industry manufacturing electrical systems and electronic devices for the local manufacturers Laverda and VS Caravan. In this same year, the company launches the first LED control panel for motorhomes.

1982

First attendance at the Turin show (now in Parma)

1985

First attendance at the Essen show (now in Düsseldorf)

1987

First attendance at the Paris show

1990

CBE moves to a new 1000 m2 factory (Lamar/TRENTO)

1994

First LCD control panel for motorhomes

2003

CBE obtains the UNI EN ISO 9001 certification. The constantly increasing turnover leads CBE to the decision of buying a 4500 m2 field where the current factory of Spini/TRENTO – at that time 2800 m2 – is located

2008

First touchscreen control panel for motorhomes

2009

CBE decides to invest strategically on the direct manufacture of wiring harnesses and takes over LCE, a consolidated company in that industry located in Arco/ITALY

2011

A new production facility (still in Arco/ITALY), with more than 1500m2, is made available to LCE. CBE strengthens and expands its production capacity in the wiring harnesses industry with the start-up SCT, based in Soliman/TUNISIA

2014

Expansion of the factory in Spini/TRENTO (end of works mid 2015), which gains further 1000 m2 dedicated mainly to additional test laboratories and storage areas

2016

CBE creates the simulation testing lab, a laboratory that allows the functional simulation of all CBE systems in combination with appliances and electrical utilities typically installed on recreational vehicles.

2018

DexKo Global Inc. (through its subsidiary AL-KO) signs an agreement in July which has led to the acquisition of CBE.